You are a strategic and collaborating Director Business Control that oversees Van Leeuwen Buizen group reporting and business control activities. In this role, you are a key business partner. In this position you will report directly to the CFO. The role has high exposure to the board and the CEO.
The total annual turnover of Leeuwen Buizen Group in 2021 was 1.431 million euros. The company's headquarter is located in Zwijndrecht, the Netherlands and is globally active with 78 offices and warehouse locations in 33 countries in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and North America. In almost a century, Van Leeuwen has become the global number one in steel pipes and tubes. Do you see yourself becoming a part of Van Leeuwen Buizen and assisting in its further growth, expansion and in realising its strategic objectives?
As Director Business Control you are responsible for managing, overseeing and driving the financial planning and management reporting for the Van Leeuwen Buizen Group. As Director Business Control you are the business partner for the Management Board (MB), Executive Board (EB), and various group functions. You support the business development process and provide evidence-based insights for decision-making by providing relevant financial analyses and risk assessments.
What you are going to do
You will manage a team of two corporate business controllers and a BI team which consists of two senior BI specialists. As the Director Business Control, you provide guidance and coaching to finance professionals within the organisation in: budgeting, financial planning, and monthly management reporting. You are the go-to person for all business-related topics that have financial or data-related components and liaise with relevant specialists in the group (e.g., accounting, tax, treasury) when needed. You prepare periodic result analyses and present them to the CFO, CEO and the Board, in which you identify: deviations, investigate root causes, and take corrective actions.
The main responsibilities you will have as the Director Business Control:
- Act as business partner for the MB/EB and group functions
- Lead the periodic closing process in close cooperation with the Director Finance & Reporting and initiate key improvements
- Support the personal development of the business control team members
- Maintain an overview on global investments, track and report progress on spend and support in building solid business cases
- Manage and facilitate the group’s annual budget process
- Coordinate the periodic forecasting process and continuously work on improving the predictability of the business and take into account relevant risks and opportunities
Work location and culture
At the headquarters of Van Leeuwen Buizen in Zwijndrecht you will be part of a down-to-earth and ambitious team. Here you will work with your team consisting of two business controllers and two senior BI specialists. You are a sparring partner for the various directors. You will support the CFO and have frequent contact with the regional Finance Directors. You fit well in a culture that can be described as energetic, entrepreneurial and straightforward. You value building connections with people and work in a hands-on manner.
Wie we zoeken voor deze vacature
This is you
- Proven leadership experience in an international operating organisation
- Excellent knowledge of financial planning and analysis activities in which you were responsible for the budget process
- A flexible and collaborative leadership style together with strong communication skills and no-nonsense mindset. You are proactive and precise
- A Master’s degree in Economics or Business Administration, preferably with an additional postgraduate RC
- Knowledge of SAP and you are savvy with IT tools
- Excellent knowledge of business English (verbally and written)
What they offer
- You will have an important role within one of the Netherlands' most iconic and well-known family businesses
- A team of professionals who together want to grow Van Leeuwen and take it to the next level
- Responsibility and influence in a flat structure organisation
- Interesting career opportunities. This can be international as well as national, depending on your own ambition
- Business-related travel, max 2-3 time a year
- A competitive salary package
Wij zijn een netwerkorganisatie gericht op pragmatische Consultancy. We zijn 800 man sterk en actief in Nederland, België, Luxemburg en Duitsland. We ondersteunen onze klanten en opdrachtgevers met advies en implementatie diensten.
Werken bij TriFinance betekent, dat jouw groei centraal staat. Wij zijn ervan overtuigd, dat jouw groei en ontwikkeling betere oplossingen oplevert voor onze klanten. Wij noemen dit: “Furthering people for better performance in Do-How”.
Solliciteer voor Director Business Control
Vul hieronder Uw persoonsgegevens in
Wat mag je verwachten
na een sollicitatie?
Relevante vacaturesAlle vacatures (35)
Financieel administratief Medewerker/Financieel AdministrateurRecruitment & Selection
Director Business ControlRecruitment & Selection
Content MarketeerBaseCamp (Internal Team)
Financial ControllerRecruitment & Selection
- Noord-Brabant, Noord-Holland, Utrecht, Zuid-Holland
Recruitment ConsultantBaseCamp (Internal Team)